Holiday Favorite gifts

Holiday gift giving can be a difficult task. You have to struggle with holiday traffic, over crowded stores, expensive prices and out of stock items. Not to mention there are so many gifts that can be given. There are handmade gifts, expensive gifts, trendy gifts and more.

Even thought the holiday gift giving season can be stressful and it has many benefits. According to social scientists, gift giving creates stronger bonds in our relationships by getting to know their preferences, likes and dislikes. Moreover, the joy of giving a gift lasts longer than the fleeting pleasure of accepting it. Overall, gift giving makes us feel better.

As a result, PawPrints decided to ask students and staff what was their favorite holiday gift. Here are their responses

“It was on Valentine’s Day, I got a dog I really like dogs and like our recently passed away, so it was very enjoyable to get a new pet in a house. It is cute and sentimental in a way’ Emily Roehrig, Freshman. 

Marco Lin

“My favorite gift was a hoverboard because I always wanted it, because they look cool with the lights and hover over it, I’ve wanted it for a year, and you can play music on it. “Marco Lin, Sophomore.

Jennifer Waselewski,

“I have two adult children and they buy me for Mother’s Day, my birthday and the holidays adventures together. Like my son took me out for a restaurant last year and that’s what he gave me Christmas, and just spending time with my kids is my favorite gift.” Jennifer Waselewski, 10th grade administrator.

“Books, because new books and new things are really nice, I really like to read them. Their cool, another holiday gift I really liked the most would be maybe a stuffed animal maybe like a toy giraffe or something, because there so cuddly and so soft, and so awesome…” Imani Conner, sophomore.  

Mark Rejano

“Mostly clothes, like adidas, Nikes, pumas, because they’re my favorite brand and I really like them. Mostly for adidas they mostly support they have all these soccer gears, because I play soccer” Mark Rejano, Junior. 

“Sneakers, because I just like sneakers and clothes that’s pretty much it.” Xavier Torres, Junior.  

Iain Bailes

“Money, and a basketball because I like playing basketball and money allows me to pay for things when I want them” Iain Bailes, Freshman.

“Anything that’s like really straight from the heart I guess, a lot of thought into it not reallylike an iphone I want something that like attention to detail.” Alison Offutt, Junior.

“Chocolate, its romantic, it taste good, and you know it taste good.” Mia Nergron, sophomore. 

“Things that are really personal like a lot of handmade stuff, I think its really nice, like handmade Christmas card is always nice or a lot of drawling my friends do a lot of drawling so that’s always nice to get” Izzy Guzman, Senior.

“I got a computer a while ago, still use it upgrade it a little bit why I love it, lots of memories on that thing good and bad” Noah Simard, Senior.

“The ability to hang with all my loves around me, it means a lot there’s so little loyalty that some people have in the world so being surrounded with people you know and trust, with your life if needed it’s good to have that kind of support especially harder darker time”  Nevaeh Abrams, Freshman.

In all, every student and staff member had heartfelt answers, that just brings everyone some holiday spirit. So how about this holiday we give to our friends and family some love so they can also have a memorial moment.