Naviance, the app that is shining bright at W.C.H.S.

With Pasco’s new app added on, students can now access college and career resources needed for a successful life in the working world. Naviance’s includes special personality tests and mind tests to choose a career path that is right for every student. Furthermore, providing the material to succeed at this specific career path. Naviance was created in 2002 by Stephen R. Swanson, Stephen M. Smith, and Shaun Fanning that now currently have offices in Arlington, Virginia. Naviance is hoping to be a substantial influence and role model for students in Florida and not just Florida, but across the whole country.  

Hence, Naviance’s launch has been a success. According to “Product Review of Naviance” by Mathew Lynch states “. It’s very user-friendly overall, and it provides good peace of mind as you navigate the platform.” Naviance can create that overall success feel, but also has negative effects, “Product Review of Naviance” also shares, “It’s just not Salesforce. It doesn’t have nearly the tracking abilities nor collaboration capabilities that Salesforce has.” Salesforce is another app just like Naviance, but Naviance just seems to not get as much attention from people as Salesforce. Therefore, Naviance does not always stand out with the attributes that it has, that does not necessarily mean that it is not a good app to work with, it might have negative aspects towards certain people who use Naviance. However, the article Naviance Wields Much ‘Power and Influence’ in College Admissions, Harvard Researcher Finds by Emily Tate Sullivan states, “Mulhern, a doctoral candidate in Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, provides evidence that Naviance’s college research and admissions tools are changing where students apply to college, with the “potential to affect higher education on a national scale.” Looked over professionally Naviance apps are proving effectiveness toward students in careers and success.

Nevertheless, staff workers have experience in this topic too. Mrs. Faysash the College and Career director at WCHS states, “Naviance is a College and Career platform that allows students to research colleges, scholarships, and career choices. The SuperMatch College tool is also really cool! In addition, students can build a very professional resume on Naviance as well as participate in career assessments and strength finder assessments.” Naviance can be that provider app that people need.  Mrs. Faysash also says “College and Career apps such as Naviance help students learn about opportunities, careers and industries that they may not have been familiar with before. It also allows them to take short assessments to match their interests and personality traits with careers. This is especially helpful for students who are not sure where to start. Naviance has well-known assessments including Myers Briggs and Holland Code that students can take for free!” This gives a lot of insight on Naviance and the uses of this app and a lot of other apps that are based around colleges and careers.

Students at Chapel have introduced to the app during PE courses when a guest speaker was present to help walk them through.  Additionally, Mrs. Faysash is available for additional support.  Overall, the app is a great resource for Chapel students planning their future.