The Wheels Are Coming Off the Road

in Automotive Class, that is.

Future+Automotive+specialists+work+on+tire+rotations.+

Jamie Stanley

Future Automotive specialists work on tire rotations.

Free tire rotation services are now available at the Auto Academy at Wesley Chapel High School. Students can drop their car off before they go to first period. Staff can drop their cars off before the school day begins. Cars can then be picked up at the end of the day.

Before tire rotations begin, future automotive specialist check the tire pressure with tire pressure gauges, according to Mr. Daniel, Advisor/Automotive teacher.

“Usually there’s a tool that checks how much air is in it through the rim” said Ethan Summers, automotive specialist. He added, “we  can add more air in the tire if it needs more, they also replace the tire.  If the tires need more air, it can easily be added to adjust it to the correct tire pressure.”

During the tire rotation service, “we remove all four tires,  rotate them (usually front to rear and rear to front).Spin balance the tires and re-install using a torque wrench to tighten the wheels to specification,” explained Mr. Daniel.   Future automotive specialist use auto industry pressure gauges, and equipment as detailed in the tire rotation video included below. 

“We have all of the equipment needed to replace tires here at school,” added Mr. Daniels. 

Future automotive specialist enjoy working on tire rotations. “It a good opportunity to have some younger auto students to work on vehicle’s” said Ethan Summers.

It a way for future Auto Specialists to grow and learn about a prospective career. “I think of every  project as a way to further my knowledge” said Colten Fuston, Automotive Specialist.  

Tires have to be rotated regularly because “to insure your tires last and do not wear improperly” said Colten Fuston.  You should be rotated your tires “every 6,00 miles/3 months,” Colten added.

To ensure the longevity of a car or trucks tires regular rotations and checks are necessary. WCHS Automotive Academy provides these services for no charge, while providing students with real world experience and resume building skills.

“I’m hopeful that at least some teachers and students use the Auto Academy for their tire rotation needs” said Mr. Daniel.