FortifyFL, The Anonymous Reporting App Sweeping WCHS

Download the App Today!

FortifyFL is an app that can be used by students to anonymously report suspicious activity   By accessing FortifyFL, students can provide a description of the threat, share pics and videos and optionally submit their contact information. After submitting the information it goes to local school officials, law enforcement and state level officials to make sure that all of the proper steps are executed to ensure student and school safety.  The app can be downloaded on Iphones and Androids.

FortifyFL was created and funded by the 2018 Florida Legislature as part of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act. The application was named by students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The Office of Attorney General, Department of Education and Florida Department of Law Enforcement coordinated its development and roll-out.

“Recent and past tragedies remind us of the need for our students and communities to report suspicious activity so we can keep our schools as safe as possible. FortifyFL gives law enforcement officers a new, direct connection to tips and information that will help protect our children.” Florida Police Chiefs Association and Florida Sheriffs Association

Surprisingly, most student’s are unaware of this new app. In a group of 50 students only 10 even recognized the name, Fortify Florida. Even less said they have used it. Within the same group of students, 40 of them stated that they think this app can help our school.

“Schools are safer when we all work together to identify potential threats and report them to law enforcement. I want to thank the thousands of students, teachers and faculty already joining our mission to protect Florida schools, and ask that anyone who has not yet downloaded the Fortify Florida app, to please take a minute to do this simple task. Downloading the app and using it to file an anonymous tip could save a life.” Ashley Moody
If you see something, say something by reporting it on FortifyFL. It is that easy, upload pictures, text, videos in seconds, anonymously and help keep Wesley Chapel High School, a safe school for all.