Grad-Bash: Senior Fun in the Sun

Universal+Studios+will+be+adventured+on+April+

Universal Studios advertisment

Universal Studios will be adventured on April

Universal is one of the major theme parks in the United States, located in Orlando, Florida. Themed to movies, television, and many other aspects of the entertainment industry, it is huge for the tourist industry in the Sunshine state. With attractions involving classic films like Jaws, comedy shows like the Simpsons, and magical worlds like Harry Potter, the massive park holds fun for people of all ages, bringing many schools in the state and out of state to flock to the park to celebrate their graduating classes. 

Grad-bash is an event loved by all seniors; it is a time for celebration among the graduating class having successfully made it through the final years of their basic education to run free in the night at Universal Studios. It is an event fully dedicated to students; the theme park is closed to the public only to be used by students. 

This senior celebration is a valuable time for the graduating class, a night full of fun times with friends, it is a taste of freedom for the hardworking seniors in a year full of chaos and deadlines causing some jealousy from younger students. It is a privilege to attend the event and a time for joy, but there are rules that must be followed to ensure the night is successful. 

Transportation: 

All those attending the event must be in front of the gym at 3:45pm on Saturday, April 22nd. Students will be searched before being loaded onto the buses; buses will not wait for late students. Students attending the field trip MUST travel on the Transpiration provided by the school. Per Universal Studio’s Grad-Bash regulations, no student can drive themselves to the park; if a parent needs to drive you or pick you up from the park for exceptional circumstances the request to do so must be pre-approved by Universal studios. Students will receive a ticket and an armband on the bus. 

Students will meet at 2:10am at a designated area that will be communicated to while you are on the bus arriving at the park. From the designated area we will walk to the buses as quickly as possible so we can depart, arriving back at the school at approximately 3:45am. 

Additional need-to-know: 

• If a student has more than 5 unexcused absences in any class last or this quarter, you are not eligible to attend so you MUST complete appeals form and get it approved by Mr. McDermott before April 21st 
  • Students must abide by the Universal event dress code; no school merch is permitted at the event. 
  • Students will be checked before getting onto the bus and again at Universal Studios for dress code and prohibited items. 
  • If you have prescription medication that must be taken while at Grad-Bash, you must have the prescription in its original container and only the dosage needed for your visit. Your legal name must be printed on the label and a valid picture ID is required. Also, you may carry inhalers, EpiPens, insulin, and other necessary medications, but proper prescription is required. 
  • All unauthorized items will be confiscated by security. 

Universal To-Do List: 

With Universal Studios being a famous park, it is important to know the best attractions you cannot miss upon attending Grad-Bash! 

• Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts– Set in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Diagon Alley, the ride features an impressive queue and a unique 3D dark ride coaster for an immersive experience. 
Diagon Alley- Escape from Gringotts location, a thrilling ride full of fun (Universal Studios)
  • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey– a dark ride combining innovative technologies and an immersive storyline it is an amazing ride with film replicas and stunning anomalies. 
  • Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure– a well-themed coaster soaring with beautiful scenery and magical creatures, amazing special effects, and amazing characters.
  • Hogwarts Express: Hogsmeade Station- The Hogwarts Express allows visitors to travel between Universal Orlando’s two parks without leaving the magic of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which makes it a must-experience if you plan to visit both parks in one day. The Hogsmeade side of the Hogwarts Express is just as fun as its King’s Cross counterpart.

• Jurassic World VelociCoaster– a newer ride, its tall, fast, multiple inversions and perfect for thrill-seekers. 
Jurassic World: VelociCoaster
Dinosaur fun in the sun! (Universal Studios )
  • The Incredible Hulk– an intense ride with the perfect launch starts and complete with many inversions. 
  • Amazing Adventures of Spider-manfavorite comic books in Marvel Superhero Island. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is a 3-D simulator dark ride that immerses you in the superhero action. 
  • Race through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon– Fans of The Tonight Show will like this Jimmy Fallon-led 3-D motion simulator ride that takes guests on a trip around New York City, but the well-themed queue made to look just like 30 Rockefeller is equally impressive. 
  • Skull Island: Reign of Kong– This trackless dark ride based on King Kong is a polarizing attraction — the animatronics are incredible, and the queue is well-themed, but the screen-based portion is a little lackluster, like Fast & Furious.