Wesley Chapel High School Pawprints Student Newspaper

Wesley Chapel High School - Newspaper Pawprints

Talk of the Town, a New Publix!

Last month, a new Publix opened its doors on the corner of the Epperson Lagoon.

The newly built Publix off the corner of the Epperson Lagoon has effectively become THE talk of the town. When compared to a regular Publix, you might find that ours is of the deluxe variety. It features a new cafe where customers can order from an assortment of beverages, a deli island where customers craft their own sandwiches or have their meals directly ordered, a chic little sushi bar, and a seafood shop that sells everything from crustaceans to tuna. They also feature an outdoor commons area where customers can find the opportunity to sit down, unwind and relax. It also offer a separate department for alcoholic beverages for adults.

Of all the new features they’ve added, customers seem to be going nuts over the nifty new cafe. On opening week, the wait times for drinks were so long that I’d have to stand in line while my sister collected our groceries. Only when she finished would I finally begin placing our orders!

With the establishment of a new work place in basically the heart of a community of people, it wouldn’t bring to place were to be flooded with applicants from students all over our little piece of Wesley Chapel. What’s strange is the fact that that hasn’t happened at all! In fact, a month prior to their opening, Publix held a hiring fair where students close to 18 were urged to come in for interview. Prospective employees only needed to apply online and show up. This was done as a way for Publix to deter an influx of inexperienced workers bogging down their employment standards. With all that said and done, to all those reading, consider heading over there and get a hold of a peanut butter banana smoothie or a boars head honey-wood smoked ham sandwich, they’re seriously the bomb!