Wesley Chapel High School Pawprints Student Newspaper

Wesley Chapel High School - Newspaper Pawprints

WCHS Track Team

The Wesley Chapel High School track team accomplished a lot in the 2022 – 2023 school year, with a lot of memories. At the beginning of the season and through the end, a lot of athletes on the team created a bunch of memories. Many individuals on the team made it not only to districts but regionals as well and states. Although some of the seniors graduated, we had some of the best athletes. The girls 4 x 1 team had an outstanding season. With all the competitive meets they’ve had they finally set a new school record at the regionals meet, placing a time of 48.66, qualifying them for states. The coach would always say to the seniors, “It is not always  easy to leave everything behind and move towards a fresh new start, because at the beginning of something you will have to face many difficulties.” Coach Hayden didnt say much, so when he did you would know its important.

Although Track and Field is “just a sport”, its 90% mental, if you don’t have a good mindset, you wont last. Covering a track meet is like reporting on 14 or more little stories. Its just a matter of which events to focus on – the 100 meters, 1500 meters, or long jump . The sprinting events usually get the most attention when it comes to high school and college track.