Wesley Chapel High School Pawprints Student Newspaper

Wesley Chapel High School - Newspaper Pawprints

AAU Basketball is Here!

Its going to be spring soon so that means there’s going to be a new margin of basketball being played at the time in youth, AAU the Amateur Athletic Union, this is a platform of basketball where people make a team and recruit 1st graders through 12th graders and play by age groups and grades. Through this they play tournaments of their choice either all over the country or there’s local tournaments. Under this there’s controlled circuits under certain brands, for example EYBL is Nike, NXT Hoops is Puma, 3ssb is Adidas, and Prep hoops is a independent circuit. These circuits provide a way bigger platform to expose yourself to college coaches and programs to get recruited. They have brackets and tournaments all over the country to travel and play.

The circuits are very helpful to kids trying to get seen because of the opportunities and advantages it gives them. The circuit sometimes provide the travel and gear for the players under their brand. This is a very amazing experience because you’re always with your personal teammates, so you become closer and closer with them and have a good time. Until gametime you get serious, and your chemistry translates to the court, and you become noticed as a great team. We have a couple of teams in the area for circuits, on EYBL the local team are NightRydas, and FL Rebels. Pro16 Puma there is, FL BayHawks, BTI-Pressure Elite, and Xtreme Pressure. On 3ssb there is Austin Rivers elite. All of these teams have very good reputations and are dominate teams locally but will all travel to play other good teams. AAU for independent team not in circuit is also a very good experience because you can get into tournaments across the country. You also must fully pay but you can gain a lot from traveling and showing your talents. In all the season of Spring basketball is something all the Hoopers look forward to because it leads to summer and they put work and have fun together.