Shop at the PBIS Store

PBIS stores around the school are an opportunity for students to buy things like food, supplies, WCHS merchandise, and more. PBIS points are points given to students by teachers for good work, behavior, and other accomplishments. Students have access to these points on via the app on MyStudent where they can track their daily balances, and even see feedback from their teachers. 

According to Mrs. Jeannie Fagan, one of the people behind the store,”PBIS Rewards was created as a means of incentives for students who demonstrate a positive attitude and go above and beyond school and classroom expectations.”

The School operated PBIS store is available to students in the cafeteria, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, during each lunch period. The store is operated by the schools’ transition students as a part of the WCHS “On the Job” program. The program  provides students an opportunity to train in a real-life job experience in economics, supply and demand, customer service, accounting, and inventory skills.  This job opportunity is a plus on college applications and resumes.

Items featured in the store are WCHS spirit items; T-shirts, wristbands, water bottles, and hoodies. The snack items are the most popular. Snacks items range from chips to gummies.  Prices can vary from 20 points, for items like pencils or other school supplies, or up to 600 points for higher demand items like hoodies.  

The PBIS store in the cafeteria is not the only place where students can buy things with their points. Depending on the teacher, they might have a store available within their classrooms. For example, Mrs. Slogget, a freshmen ELA teacher actively participates in having a PBIS store available in her classroom. She commented that she, “Likes the idea of rewarding students that are working hard and that make good choices in their classrooms.” Her prices for the store range from 20-35 points, as she usually sells snacks, seeing as they are the most popular.  Other teachers with school stores include Mr. Guadet, Ms. Cornell, Mrs. Salter, and many others. 

Students are relieved to have a system to where they can be rewarded for their hard work, Sophie Pereira, freshman, shows her feelings for the store, “I love having PBIS available to me, I don’t have to spend my actual money to get snacks and merchandise, I like being rewarded for my work during school. I think the school was smart for coming up with the idea of PBIS rewards and stores.”.

To keep receiving points, students simply need to participate in class, complete their assignments and show effort. If you need assistance with how to manage, track or use your points, ask any of your teachers for support.