Wesley Chapel High School Pawprints Student Newspaper

Wesley Chapel High School - Newspaper Pawprints

NBA Season Has Begun!

NBA Season Is Back

The NBA Season has just started back up and there are a lot of new things going on in the league with new coaching staff, trades, injuries, and new players that everyone is excited to see play. The seasons preseason games just started on October 10, most of these games were wake up games and games to see how the rookies play in the environment of the NBA. The new trades have the entire fan base even more excited to see them play and they have every right these trades are very surprising.

First, I am going to talk about all the major trades in the off season to get everyone so hype for the rest of the season. First the biggest trade of the offseason Is Damian Lillard is going to Milwaukee to play with the bucks, but what makes this trade so exciting is he is going to be teaming up with Giannis Antetokounmpo which is very big for Damian because he is a very skilled guard who has never won a championship but this year might be with a surprise.  The next major trade I am going to talk about is Chris Paul to the Golden State Warriors, this is exciting trade because he is teaming up with a future hall of famer Stephen curry, this mix is good because Chris is a good IQ point guard and Steph is a good scorer, so this duo is going to be a one to watch.

Next, is injuries the injuries this season are not as bad as other seasons so that is good but there still are some injuries that last a while, first Jay Scrub for the Boston Celtics is out for the rest of the season because of a ACL tear in practice which is a big lose for him because of the fact it was at practice. Another one is Brandon Clarke for the Memphis Grizzlies, he is out for a while because of a Achilles tear from last season, so he will be out till further notice. Ricky Rubio is out till further notice because of a mental health issue that has not been resolved yet. The last major injurie is Lonzo Ball for the Chicago Bulls. He is out for the entire season and was out for most of the last season which is sad because everyone wants to see him play with his new teammates.

The last thing I’m going talk about is the major rookies that everyone wants to see play the first one is I am going to talk about is someone they say is as big of a rookie as Lebron James was so everyone is waiting the see the rookie Victor Wenbenyama, a 7’4 power forward form France, who has guard handles and can shoot the only thing there worried about is his weight but in my opinion he will be a pretty good player. The second big rookie I’m going to talk about is Scoot Henderson everyone is just as hype for this guy he’s coming from straight out of high school to the NBA G-League to the NBA, so everyone has their hopes high for this kid. He is a 6’3 guard with an insane amount of athleticism and has an incredibly good shot with a high IQ for the court and good passing vision to add to his scoring.

So with all of this the 2023-2024 season is going to be a season you want to watch because there are so many outcomes to this seasons with Veterans getting there first championships and rookies coming out to showcase all the hard work they’ve put in with there new teams in the offseason.