Girls’ Soccer Team Shooting for Another Great Season

The Wesley chapel high girls’ soccer team is starting off the winter sports season this year, 2022. The girls’ soccer team has a JV team and a Varsity team in all. Varsity’s first game of the season starts on November 8th against Carrollwood Day, JV also starts their first game of the season on the 8th against Sunlake. These girls pushed hard to get to where they are today and will continue to do so throughout the rest of the season. 

The girls are excited and highly anticipate their team bonding and putting in hard work will allow them to make it to districts. Last year the girls made it to districts and became district champs. Sophomore, midfielder, Gianna Curtin’s, hopes the girls make it to district again this year just like the previous year. Curtin’s states, “We went to districts last year but farther then districts for our team this year will be great for us.” Senior Captain, Lexi Mangione, hopes they make it all the way to states for everyone’s senior years and make the most of it. Junior, midfielder, Julianne Grassi, hopes to win districts again and goes onto regionals next. Grassi wants to also help others on the team by giving them tips and supporting them while giving them confidence. Freshman, central midfielder, Abby Iserino, states, “I hope we win most of our games we play this year and that we make it to district all the way to states.” 

Many girls on the team help each other to develop skills and achievements to go far into the season. Even though some girls may be new to the girls’ soccer team they all know how to have great sportsmanship. Sophomore, right winger, Michelle Sanchez says, “By giving them tips and helping them practice more while respecting each other.” Sanchez also helps her teammates by supporting them with confidence while checking on her teammates to make sure they are well and ready. Freshman, central defender, Bella Vazquez states, “I hope to keep them motivated and make sure that we have the right team spirit in order to do our best”. Soccer is a sport that requires teamwork and trust, so when everyone is trusting each other, goals are made, and relationships are developed better.  

The Girls soccer team for varsity has a game November 15th home game against Sunlake at 5pm, November 16th away game against Tampa Catholic at 7pm, November 18th home game against Lake Gibson at 7: 30pm. Girls JV team has a game November 14th away game at 4:30pm against Land o Lakes, November 28th home game against Land o Lakes at 6pm, December 8th away game against Mitchell at 6pm, November 12th home game against Cypress Creek at 6pm, January 4th home game against Springstead at 6pm, January 6th away game against Anclote at 6 pm, January 11th home game against Wiregrass at 6pm, January 17th away game against Wiregrass at 6pm.