Wesley Chapel High School Pawprints Student Newspaper

Wesley Chapel High School - Newspaper Pawprints

The Full Circle Interview – Ms. Waselewski

11th Grade Assistant Principal of WCHS, Ms. Waselewski.

Home”, by definition, is the place where one resides or lives. But I see this definition as a limitation of the real definition, “house” or “apartment” would be a more adequate word for this definition. “Home” to many people, is a safe haven or sanctuary where you feel most protected and at ease. “Home” is how Assistant Principal Ms. Waselewski, described Wesley Chapel High. “It feels like home here, and I just really enjoy the staff, the students, just the community”, says the assistant principal. This year as a whole is a special year for Ms. Waselewski, mostly due to the full circle of her being in charge of the 11th graders that she has been attending ever since they were in 9th grade. “Were going to move into our senior year together next year, and Its just been a great opportunity to get to know them even better, and to connect with them..” she explains. This well loved administrator has been working in Pasco County Schools for 17 years, but in Chapel, she has been here for 5 years. “Mr. Mcdermott assigns us to a grade level, so the first year I was here I was assigned to 11th grade, and now I’ve come full circle, and I’m back at 11th grade again this year”, she states. For 22 years Ms. Waselewski has been teaching for schools, surrounded by staff and students that have enjoyed her constant dedication and energy. During those 22 years, she must have seen and learned so much. The wisdom she took with her? “Enjoy life while your young, don’t be too hard on yourself and forgive yourself for mistakes that you’ve made. Because those are just opportunities to grow in life and to learn from them. Reach for what you want to do.” As a firm believer in the power of education, this dream chaser firmly argues that with education, so many opportunities can open up for you. We thank Ms. Waselewski for her time in this interview and for her work at WCHS, as her work strives to help us learn and grow every single day.